Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Ooops!


 Image result for medical images

I woke up this morning, thought about the fact that it is Tuesday, and then realized that I had forgotten to post a new blog entry yesterday. Ohhhhhh, nooooo......

I am normally not quite that forgetful. I don't forget to do things like empty the dryer or cook dinner, but somehow the blog got past me. It may have something to do with the fact that my health has been a little wobbly as of late. I have seen my doctor (I've also seen the ER, but that's beside the point) and am trying to regain my usual status quo, but it looks like this may take a little longer than I might have liked.

That said, as a writer and thus neurotic by nature, there are little voices at the back of my head that worry me with thoughts like "whatever this is, you're probably on your last legs," and "you'll never have a normal life again" and "who gets the entire vinyl record collection when you go?" Cheerful, eh? But here's the kicker and I blame it totally on my obsession with paranormal reality TV: "you're sick because something otherworldly is making you sick."

I watch enough of my shows to see people who are suffering nightmares, backaches, headaches, muscle pain, weakness, mood swings, and other health complaints due to the fact that they live in homes haunted by something malevolent. This is dangerous information for someone with my particular obsession and out-of-control (sometimes) imagination. I mean, why else are all my tests negative when I feel so terrible? Traditional medicine has ruled out all the really terrible diseases my symptoms could point to, and I am grateful for that. So why do I still feel so lousy? Could it be something nasty lurking in my house???

Of course, my rational mind tells me I am being just a wee bit ridiculous. I would guess that my health issues have more to do with a telling lack of regular exercise at the moment -okay, for the last couple of years- as well as a diet pulled together by sheer idiocy. To that end, I know I need to talk to someone about nutrition. And I know I need to be on a really, really bland diet for the next, oh, three weeks? Does that sound about right?

Still, there is that little voice at the back of my head that suggests something weird is going on with me. In the middle of the night when I can't sleep, that voice is a bit louder, I admit it. But in the harsh light of day, I know it's not anything supernatural that's chewing away at my innards. I'm quite certain of it.

I've already had that battle, the summer of the poltergeist so I know what it feels like...

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could just smudge your house to make you feel better...

    ReplyDelete