Thursday, May 30, 2019

And Your Choice Would Be...?

This topic looks like so much fun that I am going to post it on Facebook this Paranormal Monday, just to see what all of you have to say about it.

It starts with this basic question: If you had the chance to investigate and actually meet up with or run into "something weird" (assuming you might want to do so), what would it be?

I have lived in the realm of ghost stories for so long that looking for ghosts is probably not the answer I would give to that question. Partly because I research them to death (no pun intended. Well maybe...) and partly because I have finally seen them myself. They are no longer just mysterious knocks and other noises in the next room over, or footsteps in the hall, or things disappearing and reappearing for no apparent reason, or even that cold, tingly feeling you get in a seriously disturbed site. I have actually laid my pair of beadies on them, and I'm content. Ghosts and me, hey, we're buddies.

On the other hand, though, you all also know that I am enamored with cryptozoology. Strange creatures? Mysterious, should-be-extinct animals swimming around? Beings from folktales and myths that just might be real? Hey, I'm all about that. Well, maybe not UFO's so much. I already believe in them and I have seen one or two of those also, so they would not be my first answer to my posed question.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti is interesting. I saw on a recent paranormal reality show that someone has actually collected DNA from a Bigfoot area and analysis showed something that wasn't recognized as from the known animal kingdom. That was fun! I think sooner or later, someone is going to wind up with proof. And I pray it isn't because some idiot shoots one to death. 

I'm also fascinated by the denizens of the deep: the Lock Ness monster; mermaids (I know they're out there somewhere); oversized squid and sharks, and believed-to-be-extinct serpents. But going after those requires being out at sea and I tend to get a little crazy if I'm on the water and can't see the shoreline. Just one of my little quirks, I guess.

So what does that leave me? Two that appeal to me at the moment.

One, I would love to see a real chupacabra. No kidding. The fuzzy pictures, the even fuzzier videos, and the photos of dead unidentified critters fascinate me. I have no idea why. I feel for the people who have lost livestock to some unexplained predator, and I realize that all the evidence tends to point to wolves and coyotes and wild dogs. But I keep thinking that the legend had been around for so long and is so ingrained in some regions that there must be some kernel of truth in there somewhere.

And two, I would love to see something from Fae, be it leprechaun, brownie, wight, little people, fairy, or tree spirit. I can't help thinking that when I'm out in the woods, there's something out there with me, something that's just a little otherworldly, and NOT something dead. Hey, even Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had his interest in this particular topic. I know the pictures he fell in love with were fake, but I do think there are other beings than those on the physical plane inhabiting this planet with us. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of them. Even just a glimpse.

So put on your thinking caps, folks, and figure out if you have an interest in seeing anything beyond run of the mill. Or beyond this dimension. And then hang onto your answers because I am opening this up for discussion on Monday, okay? Can't wait to read what you all have for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment